Our eyes, pacing back and forth, four pubils work as two in unison. I see you and you see me. Our lips aren’t moving, yet we are having words. I can smell the familiar scent of your skin. We are so intertwined that I can feel the joy in your smile. We have erased the background of our surrounds. We are we! Our margin are aligned, we are writing the story of us. I am responsible for those crow feet evading your eyes. You are the reason I have happy marks circling my mouth. Your ears remain open to my heart and my heart remains open to your ideas. We have touched one another within using our hands. My shoulders broaden in your presense, I am gifted with the strength to carry your weight. I am blind. I am blessed enough to have someone that can guide me. Doubt has no pulse, hope is breathing. You are forever, the measurement for happiness….
Follow your heart, dance to the beat, and don’t allow doubt to stop the certainty of the journey. We are too subjective. We forget the subject is Loving life. Fight injustice, embrace justice, and challenge people to build the reality of “Love” as a faith. Happiness should be a destination that is shared, shaping our world through connections. We should never take joy in taking joy, we should never gain passion from stealing passion, and we should never use pain to get pleasure. Our hearts weren’t built for that. The differences are sold as what makes us individuals but those differences should be the reason we could form a stronger group. We are made with limits so we must interact with others to truly be limitless. So follow your heart, dance to the beat, and don’t be afraid to choreograph with others….
I washed up on shore as the sun rose. I jumped into the water under a fully lit moon, hoping to forget everything. God had other plans. When I entered the water I was a heart broken fool that wanted the pain to subside so much that I was willing to not feel at all. Moments before I ended up with the water splashing against my feet, I was drowned by the Love of my life telling me we no longer had a life. My heart emptied, brain blanked, and my eyes swelled. I walked away in silence because I had no fight in me. I walked right into the sea, hoping to never resurface. But, God had other plans. I woke up to the warmth of the sun, choking from the water in my system, and my first deep breaths in what felt like days. Full of sand, I stood up, started dusting off my clothes, and started walking away from the sea. I realized what was once my end is now my beginning. The pain was still present but the gift of life reminded me I still had a shot at Joy….
Catch me if you can! Why am I chasing you again? The success of a relationship takes us running toward one another. It also takes us running with each other. I am not the guy for you if I have to be fatigue to prove that I am worthy of you. Wouldn’t that only breed resentment? I know, your mother told you any man that really Loves you would work for your Love and your parents are still together. I bet your father has either cheated on your mother multiple times and she spend majority of her life chasing him. Or your father has never been respected by your mother and she is only still with him because she hasn’t found someone that she can respect that actually wants to marry her. Either way, that old fashion way of thinking would have history repeating itself. And Looking at the way you just frowned when I made that statement, shows me you don’t want to be your mother or marry a man like your father. So, let’s start over my name is Aziz and I will only date you if you are willing to meet me halfway in this relationship….
We met. I asked a lot of questions, and you asked why. I said, “why do you want to know, why?” You said, ” Because I want to understand why your asking all of these questions”. I explained, ” That’s the exact reason why I am asking all of these questions because I want to understand you. I want to see how we can become an us.” The bigger question is why aren’t you asking a lot of questions?” You responded, ” I believe things should just flow naturally, we don’t have to interview one another.” I replied “I am not just going with the flow, I am interviewing for the most important job in my life (my wife) and you want me to go with the flow. It is natural to ask questions. It’s unnatural to be on a date with someone and not want to truly know who you are sitting with. No, I wouldn’t know you in a day but less questions come later on in the relationship because we hopefully perfected a dance. You just stared at me, then you said “We just met, why are you so interested in knowing me?” I said, “I am interested because I find you attractive, your aura is positive, and I want to see if we have a future; hence all the questions”! You try to hold back your smile, started to relax, and answered all my questions. Now, we are married! Do you remember our first date baby?
1) I am not that man you have to ask if he finds you unattractive because he isn’t sleeping with you. I am the man that would say I am not attracted to you that is why I am not sleeping with you.
2) I am not that man you have to wonder if he is cheating on you. I would break up with you and say I want to be with someone else.
3) I am not that man that would eat your food if it is nasty. I will tell you it’s nasty.
4) I am not that man that you can have around your unattractive friend that thinks she is beautiful. I will break the news….
5) I am not that man that would spend time with you if I didn’t want to. I would risk losing you to someone else before I hang with you just to spare your feelings.
6) I am not that man who is a romantic because it’s expected. I am romantic because it’s how I feel about you.
7) I am not that man to say “I Love You” because you said it to me. I will say “I Love you” when I feel and have the belief the words match my faith in you.
8) I am not that man you can force to commit to you. I believe a commitment is when two people are at the same place at the same time.
9) I am not that man that believes you can’t win and argument with a woman. I will break night going back and forth but if the woman becomes unreasonable, she will lose me completely. I can’t stand irrational people.
10) I am not that man you ask something that you really don’t want to know because I will express it and force you to honor your accountability for asking me….
Overall, I am not that man you have to wonder what he is thinking about because I would tell you the good, the bad, the great, and the ugly. I Love transparency….
What scares people from making their heart available is the fact that they have given their heart in the past and failed. But, succeeding at a RELATIONSHIP takes risking your heart every time yet knowing the value of your heart. When you find someone special, give them your life support freely. The right person will give you theirs in return and both of you will have all the support you need. Trust yourself again! You may continue to pick the wrong ones but with the right MENTALITY you will be prepared for the right one. DEDICATE your life to people you Love and through the fighting and fussing you will have a strong VILLAGE.
People working together cover more ground than those working separately….